Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Moving Towards Self-Improvement
"Correction of movements is the best means of self-improvement:
1. The nervous system is occupied mainly with movement.
2. It is easier to distinguish the quality of movement.
3. We have a richer experience of movement.
4. The ability to move is important to self-value.
5. All muscular activity is movement.
6. Movements reflect the state of the nervous system.
7. Movement is the basis of awareness.
8. Breathing is movement.
9. Hinges of habit."
- Moshe Feldenkrais, Awareness Through Movement, pp. 33-39, 1972
Notes on Feldenkrais Methods