Sunday, October 03, 2021

Twin Harbors State Park, Washington

I drove from Vancouver to Westport today, October 3rd.  I will stay in a wood cabin at Twin Harbors State Park, starting from 4pm.  I will stay 3 nights in this nice clean cabin with great windows.  I will leave for home on Wednesday, 10/6.  I will camp with my sone Mick and his wife April and their 2 dogs, Freya and Waldo.  They have another cabin reserved for them.  Karen was not feeling well and stayed home to rest.  

Images of Twin Harbors State Park.

I drove my favorite scenic route to the Coast:  Tour 1, Longview to Westport  

Twin Harbors campground is split up into many parts and has 268 campsites.  The 255 acres of the park has many trails (Shifting Sands Nature Trails) through a shore pine forest and dunes.  Our cabins are close to the shore.  The sand dunes are high and the distance to the shore is a easy quarter mile.  Roaring surf day and night.  

Activities planned:  walking, clam digging, surf fishing, jetty fishing, beachcombing, fine meals, tending to dogs, sitting and talking.  

The campground was 80% empty.  
















Four Days in Grayland, Part I     Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay: A Traveler's Hypertext Notebook and Guide 

Four Days in Grayland, Part II    Grayland Beach: A Camper's Hypertext Notebook, Studies, and Comments  







No comments:

Post a Comment