Monday, February 22, 2010

Introduction to Mindfulness Workshop

I will be attending the two day workshop titled "Introduction to Mindfulness" at the Spirit Rock Center on March 20th and March 21st, 2010. The Spirit Rock Center is in Woodacre, California, north of San Francisco.

Day 1 will feature the speaker Mark Coleman. I am currently reading Mark's book "Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery." Day 2 will feature the speaker Howard Kohn.

I am already somewhat familiar with Mindfulness (Vipassana) meditation and awareness methods, and I look forward to learning more and also visiting the Spirit Rock Center and surrounding areas.

I hope to camp at Samuel P. Taylor State Park. In the early morning on Saturday, 3/20, I plan to light a campfire and celebrate the Spring Equinox (Ostara) with a simple Druidic (ADF - Hellenic) ritual. Also, I might drive west to Pt. Reyes Station and then out to the Pacific Ocean at Point Reyes National Seashore.

Spring Months: Poems, Quotes, Sayings



No comments:

Post a Comment