Thursday, December 01, 2011

Entering the Heart of Trees - Just Standing

Hi Mike,

I've been a fan of your site ( http://www.egreenway.com/taichichuan/index.htm ) for a while now, as I've become more and more interested in QiGong and NeiGong, and was wondering if you would be interested in doing a favour for me?
I live in the UK, where I learn Yang Taiji locally, and there is an exercise we do, Standing Like a Tree (I believe), at the beginning of each session, for ten to fifteen minutes. As I may not be able to train for a while, and found this one particularly of use, I wonder would you be able to give me some insight on it, and, if possible, record a short MP3 with simple directions for it, so that I could plug in my headphones and go through the meditation myself in the morning. I find it a bit hard to focus myself without another person's voice to help me focus, and I have a feeling I'm not doing the breathing correctly, so again, hearing it would help. 
I'd really appreciate if you could, I've been trying to find a reputable and contactable  source online who I figured would be able to record, but It'd really help.
Anyways, would really help me if you got a minute to do so.
Thanks for your time,

Guy
 
Dear Guy, 
Look at my webpage Standing Like a Tree.  There are many positions for standing exercise/meditation (Zhan Zhuang) for purposes of physical exercise, NeiGong, Qigong, Meditation, Yoga.  

I have been working on an audio-recording project to produce .MP3 digital audio recordings of lessons/guides to practicing these mind/body exercise methods, internal training methods, Qigong sets, and meditation forms you referred to in your email.  I should have two audio lessons ready on January 1, 2011.  
 
Look also at very slow walking meditation methods:  Walking Meditation

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment