Sunday, June 01, 2014

Software and Chopin

One of my favorite albums is The Nocturnes by Frederic Chopin as played so beautifully on piano by Maria Joao Pires
A splendid and sensitive interpretation by Ms. Pires, with an outstanding sound recording by Deutsche Grammophon.
All 21 Nocturnes, 109 minutes, are found on the following delightful classical music album:  




In the string quartet genre, my favorite, I have greatly enjoyed listening to the Danubius Quartet playing the string quartets of Heitor Villa-Lobos
Try listening to the 11th, 16th, and 17th Quartets by Villa-Lobos for starters:




A brief list of modern string quartet albums, recommended by rm508, might be useful to you. 

I listen to music recorded in the the MP3 digital format and played back on my Sony Walkman 16GB player.  I carry this reliable and versatile player with me everywhere.  Most stereo players offer a Audio-In plug for use with these MP3 players. 

I'm a Microsoft Windows user at home and at work, and the Sony Walkman unit works just fine with that common software.  I like to organize specific ordered and sequenced playlists of music for use in my yoga and taijiquan classes, and just organize them within folders in numbered order using Windows Explorer.  Renaming and copying files is an elementary task with great benefits.  


I am now setting up a new desktop computer.  I'm moving up from a 9 year old Gateway desktop computer operating on Windows XP ..... to .... a new 2014 HewPac HP desktop computer operating on Windows 8.  

All of my working C:/ drive files were all backed up {while listening the the Chopin Nocturnes} and moved between the computers yesterday.  

Tomorrow, starting to load my old familiar daily and primary software tools: Cute FTP, Microsoft Front Page 2003, Macromedia Dreamweaver/Fireworks 4 Suite.  We shall see.     


No comments:

Post a Comment