Saturday, June 21, 2014

With Beauty Before Me I Walk

"Happily the spell is taken off for me
Happily I walk, impervious to pain I walk,
Light within I walk, joyous I walk
... In beauty I walk
With beauty before me I walk
With beauty after me I walk
With beauty above me I walk
With beauty above and about me I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty."
The Night Chant, Navajo Native American Chant  


"We live in a fast-paced society.  Walking slows us down." 
-  Robert Sweetgall  


“I firmly believe that everyone deserves to live within walking distance of either beauty or convenience, if not both."
-  Victoria Moran, Lit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty  


"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive at where we started
And know the place for the first time."  
-  T. S. Eliot,  Little Gidding
 


Walking: Quotes, Poems, Sayings, Lore.  Compiled by Mike Garofalo.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment