Saturday, January 26, 2019

Facebook Posting


I post random quotations and notes about recent activities to my Facebook account.

“The older I get, the more I see there are these crevices in life where things fall in and you just can't reach them to pull them back out. So you can sit next to them and weep or you can get up and move forward. You have to stop worrying about who's not here and start worrying about who is.”
- Alex Witchel
Aging Well: http://www.egreenway.com/reason/aging.htm


"Ay me! ay me! the woods decay and fall;
The vapours weep their burthen to the ground.
Man comes and tills the earth and lies beneath,
And after many a summer dies the swan.
Me only cruel immortality consumes:
I wither slowly in thine arms,
Here at the quiet limit,
Here at the quiet limit of the world.
A white-haired shadow roaming like a dream,
The ever silent spaces of the East.
Far-folded mists, and gleaming halls of morn."
- Alfred Lord Tennyson, Tithonus
Forests and Woods: http://www.gardendigest.com/trees4.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment