Friday, May 28, 2021

Lately ... Misc.

Lately, we have been busy with Springtime gardening projects, reading, ordinary household chores making a house a dwelling, exercise, playing.  

I've been spending a lot of time reading about time, process philosophy, and intellectual history (1700-).  Today, I'm reading Time and Free Will (1910, English) by Henri Bergson. 

I have read books and thought about the subjects of ["process philosophy" (time, history, chronology, the present, seasons, experiences, aging, actions, viewpoints/systems, the future, causality, options, bodily motions, etc.)] since my early teenage years.  I majored in Philosophy at California State University at Los Angeles, and was awarded a B. A. in 1967; and, I worked at the City of Commerce Library from 1963-1969.  I keep a hypertext notebook on process philosophy and interrelated topics.  

Process-Relational Philosophy: An Introduction to Alfred North Whitehead.  By C. Robert Mesle.  Templeton Press, 2008, index, suggested reading, 123 pages.  An introductory and supportive guide and introduction to a process philosopher's viewpoints.  One appeal in support of various process theories/systems/suggestions is our own living experience as organic beings, living human beings, and our experiences in and of temporal phenomena, volitions, the ongoing flow of time itself, consciousness of, thinking.  I enjoyed reading this book and was positively influenced by Mesle's style and presentation.  VSCL. 

My right shoulder has damaged cartilage and tendons from arthritic growths and 75 years of usage.  The damage causes low grade pain, weakness, and restricted range of movement in my right arm.  Also, I have tendonitis in my right bicep from an injury in March.  Since I am right handed, I have had to learn to use my left arm and left hand more.  These problems are ongoing, increasing, and require many adjustments to my daily routine to minimize pain and get by with daily tasks.  The past two weeks I have rested my arm a lot to assist with healing and recovery.  Sitting and reading are two ways [two sufficient causes?] of resting your right arm and shoulder.  


Our west side sunny garden in Vancouver in May


My backyard view from my sitting chair.




My trusty electric screwdriver ... no more hammering.




Afternoon nap after gardening work.
Bruno, our dog, follows me at lot.



Taijiquan, Archery, Games, Reading, Smoking, Drinking Area
The northeast side of our yard.














No comments:

Post a Comment