Monday, January 16, 2023

Bandon, Oregon

I will be Yurt Camping at Bullard's Beach State Park near Bandon, Oregon.  I will be exploring the smaller areas around Bandon for three nights and four days.  

The drive from Vancouver to Bandon takes 5 to 6 hours.  I drive south on Interstate 5 until I reach Curtin, OR.  Then I take Road 38 west through Drain, Elkton, and into Reedsport.  Road 38 follows the Umpqua River.  Then south on 101 through the Oregon Coastal Sand Dunes, Tugman State Park, North Bend, Coos Bay, and then on to Bandon.  


Drain, Oregon - Images

Elkton, Oregon - Images

Reedsport, Oregon - Images

Reedsport, Oregon - Information

Oregon Coastal Sand Dunes

Tugman State Park

Coos Bay, Oregon - Images

Coos Bay - Information  

Bullards Beach State Park, Bandon

Bandon - Images

Bandon - Information  

Four Days in Grayland




Here is my Yurt campsite for four days.
Since it rained a lot while I was here,
having good dry indoor shelter was important.





Old lighthouse on the north jetty at Bandon.

View from the south jetty at Bandon.



When I go yurt camping on January 13-16 at Bullard's Beach State Park near Bandon, Oregon, I plan to include a number of spiritual practices while on Retreat.  I will read two books:

Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness: Walking the Buddha's Path.  By Bhante Henepola Gunaratana.  Wisdom Pubs., 2001, 268 pages, VSCL.  




Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Modern World.  By Lama Surya Das.  432 pages, 1997.  VSCL.  


Lama Surya Das



In 2023, I will be studying books by Deng Ming-Dao.











Waves of Reflections at the Bandon Jetty
By Michael P. Garofalo
January 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment