Thursday, January 19, 2023

Coquille River, Oregon

Today, I drive from Bandon to my home in Vancouver.  

I pack up and checkout from my yurt around 8 am.  I enjoy breakfast at the Station Restaurant around 8 am.   

The drive from Bandon to Vancouver is roughly 270 miles, and takes from 5 to 8 hours, depending how much I stop for gawking, leg stretching, bathroom breaks, snacks, photographs, traffic congestion, sightseeing, short walks, eating, rest stops, etc.. 

I drive east from Bandon on Road 42S, then on Road 42 east through Coquille, Myrtle Point, Camas Valley, and then into Roseburg, Oregon.  Then, Interstate 5 north to Vancouver, Washington.  This area is used for farming and timber harvesting.  Small rural towns and lovely green countryside.  The road touches along the Coquille River at many places. 

Heavy flooding of all the low lying pastures and farmlands in the entire Coquille River Valley this January of 2023. Flooding as far as the eyes could see on either one side or both sides of Road 42S.  Fog rising up low over flooded fields ... spooky, lonely country road.  

Coquille River     Images

Coquille - City     Images  

Myrtle Point - City   Images

Camas Valley     Images 

Roseburg - Images

Roseburg - Information

Four Days in Grayland  















No comments:

Post a Comment