Sunday, January 22, 2006

SURPRISE - Happy 60th Birthday

Saturday afternoon, I came home to a BIG SURPRISE Birthday Party for me.

In attendance were 15 people:

Karen Garofalo, my wife of 39 years
Alicia Flinn, my daughter, and her husband Sean Flinn from Portland
Michael Garofalo, my son, and his wife April Garofalo from Portland
Paul Garofalo, my brother, and his wife Janet Garofalo from Los Angeles
Philip Garofalo, my brother, and his daughter Marcella from San Diego.
Debbie Anderson, our next door neighbor and good friend
Jordan Knickerbocker, our next door neighbor and friend
Jim Scott, April's Dad, and his girlfriend Torrie and her son Jesse
Christie Scott, April's sister

Mick and April prepared and served a fantastic Japanese meal with many delicious foods and special drinks. The house was decorated with Japanese lanterns and artwork. It was beautiful. Alicia said the theme was
"Zen and the Art of Turning 60."

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I CERTAINLY DID!!

How kind and generous of these fine people to come to my home, some from great distances, to celebrate my 60th birthday.

Some photographs of the party are online.

"Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband,
smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter
who it is -- and that will help you to grow up
in greater love for each other."
- Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment