Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yi Jin Jing Qigong

Dear Mr. Garofalo:

I am in awe of your dedication to research anything and everything that is related to Taijiquan (and other topics). On a weekly and/or monthly basis I return to your website. Your work is really helping to deepen my understanding of martial arts. You write in amazingly clear and concise terms. Thank you so much. I believe that your work, presented so freely on the Internet, is really invaluable. It is a huge gift.

I do have a question for you. If you don't mind. I have been practicing Yi Jin Jing for a number of years, as taught by the Chinese Contingent on their first trip to North America (and Vancouver) many years ago. I enjoy doing the form with more vigor and muscular tension, like you describe. It would be fun and very interesting to try your version. I would like to know if you have an idea as to when you might be completing your descriptions? Will you be providing pictures (or video) of your version of Yi Jin Jing soon? I look forward to learning your walking version.

I currently practice with Grand Master Shou-yu Liang and Master Helen Liang in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. I train and practice, on a regular basis, 5 section, 24 form, 48 form, 32 sword, Sun, Fan, Chen, Xiao Yao, and various qigong exercises. So when I discovered your website online some time ago it was like finding buried treasure!

Last year, my Sifu gave me permission to teach and so now I have a small number of students that I instruct on the North Shore along with another Instructor who has been teaching tai chi for over 25 years. I teach only the basic forms, but in sharing what little I have learned about taijiquan I am learning so much more than I ever imagined. It is an incredible journey.

I look forward to your updates online.

Sincerely,

Josie L., North Vancouver, BC


Dear Josie,

Congratulations on completing the first phase of your studies and becoming an Assistant Instructor. Your dedication to practice and learning is praiseworthy. Grand Master Shou-yu Liang is a highly respected master of various martial arts and qigong styles.

I'm pleased you found something useful on my webpages.

I do intend to complete my research and provide a description of the Yi Jin Jing Qigong (Muscle Tendon Changing Classic Qigong). I hope to complete this project in the late Spring of 2010.

Best wishes for good health and much happiness,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment