Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Burn Baby Burn

Tapas, one of the yoga Niyamas, is often translated as a kind of heat or fire that burns away impurities.  It refers to a inner energy, a passion, dedicated daily effort, guts, the power to work for good, a burning spark that inspires real effort, work, a fire in the belly, sweat, and hard physical practice.

Here is one of my favorite high energy songs for dancing, walking, spin cycling, rowing, treadmill work:  

Disco Inferno by the Traamps from 1976.
Lyrics

Here is the MP3 long disco dance version of Disco Inferno (10:57 min) from Amazon.  

"Baby baby burn
Burn'n, burn'n, burn'n ...
I wonder if you can understand what I'm talking about
I'm not talking about burning down a building
It's coming from the soul
Just can stop
Soul Fire
When my spark gets hot
Burning in my soul
Just can't stop
When my spark gets hot
Don't you rescue me
Just can't stop
Let my spirit burn free
When my spark gets hot ..."




No comments:

Post a Comment