Sunday, September 14, 2014

You Cannot Call It Lofty

"The Way has its reality and its signs
but is without action or form.
You can hand it down but you cannot receive it,
you can ignore it but you cannot see it.
It is its own source, its own root.
Before heaven and earth existed it was there,
from the ancient times.
It gave spirituality to the spirits and to God,
it gave birth to heaven and to earth.
It exists beyond the highest point,
and yet you cannot call it lofty;
it exists beneath the limit of the six directions,
and yet you cannot call it deep.
It was born before heaven and earth,
and yet you cannot say it has been there for long,
it is earlier than the earliest time,
and yet you cannot call it old."

- The Crookbacked Woman and the Sage
Chuang Tzu, Translated by Burton Watson, 1964



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:58 AM PDT

    Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with?
    I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time making
    a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm
    looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!



    Here is my web site ... http://ricardoalfonsinblog.com/profile-6268/info/

    ReplyDelete