Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bench Press Contest

I exercise, lift weights, socialize, and teach yoga and Taijiquan at the Tehama Family Fitness Center (TFFC) in Red Bluff, California.  I've been a member of this gym for 12 years. 

At 6 pm tonight, the TFFC hosted the annual Bench Press Contest.  Men and women, in three different weight classes, participated in the contest.

All lifters participating ranged in ages from 15 to 40.  I wished that they had an over 60 age class for lifters. 

CJ won the competition with a lift of 405 pounds and he pressed his bodyweight 32 times.  Wow!!

I plan to enter the competition next year.  Why?  1.  To contribute to the scholarship charity.   2.  Set a goal for myself.  3.  Be the oldest person in the competition at 68 years of age.  4.  Lift 260 pounds in the bench press.  5.  Encourage other older persons to participate.  5.  Have fun. 






No comments:

Post a Comment