Saturday, December 17, 2005

Picking Up Leaves

As I played with the Yang Long Form, each of my steps crunched leaves under my feet. As I reached down to pick up the needle from the bottom of the sea, I picked up a few leaves from the gray winter grass. As I crossed hands in the horse stance, a fig leaf fell on my fingers.


despite fascination
do not be concerned
that form is emptiness
and emptiness is form
It is All
a brown falling leaf
no different
from
anything
else.

- Michael McClure



Last day of Autumn,
dead leaves dropping--
form is emptiness.

First day of Winter,
ditch completely dry--
emptiness is form.

- Michael Garofalo, Above the Fog


Dead Leaves Dropping.

 



Green Way Blog Homepage
Blog Search Terms: , , .

Green Way Wisdom - Zen Poetry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment