Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Daily Routines - Stay Busy

The first day of October was a busy one for me.  I began my morning walk at 6am.  There was a full moon in the western sky.  The temperature was around 57F.  I walked for four miles and practiced some Taijiquan.  Listened to an audio CD on Buddhism by Pema Chodron.  Then I watered my garden and weeded.  I went to the TFFC gym and participated in Theresa Wood's spin cycling class (45 minutes) and her yoga class (60 minutes).  Then off to Home Depot for purchasing home supplies and manure.  More watering and gardening.  Reading and writing. Temperatures reached 100F in the afternoon, with very low humidity.  Then back to the TFFC gym for squating (5 sets w 225lbs) and other weightlifting, then teach a yoga class (60 minutes).  Eating four meals with under 2,100 calories total for the day.  Reading and going to bed.

A typical day at home for me.  No CUESD school job today.

Published Version 6, 10/1/2012, of my Hatha Yoga Postures List.   

I need to work on my Taijiquan practice more!!

Studying the anatomy of the lower body from the hips to the toes. 

Reading books on Vajrayana Buddhism by Reggie Ray, the Ten Paramitas by Lama Sura Das, Yoga by Iyengar, and anatomy by Coulter.  

Lots of email correspondence lately.  Questions and comments from older men and women wanting to learn Qigong and/or Taijiquan.

Actions that I took to free up more time: don't look at Google News, don't look at Facebook, don't watch television, do far less Internet browsing.  I am committed to focus on activities where I am directly engaged in both mind and body by doing, creating, and physically improving.  First hand experiences, not second hand watching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment