Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cool Nights and Comforts

We don't have severe winter weather in Northern California like they do in other parts of America.  Our typical Red Bluff winter days are 54F high and 37F low.  The past few weeks have been an exception, with nighttime lows around 25F. 

Karen and I typically don't heat our home from 8pm to 5 am, to reduce propane fuel consumption and save money.  On cold days, we heat about 5 hours during the day up to 62F.  Instead, we just wear more clothing and add afghans or blankets.

In the evening, after work, I go to the gym in town, lift weights, and then teach a yoga class.  Then I come home, eat a small dinner, and retire to my study for reading and resting.  

One small bedroom in our home is used as our library, study room, altar room, and meditation room.  In the photos below, am I reading a new book, The Yoga of Sound.

I am cozy and warm under a couple of afghans and a blanket.  Living the life of luxury!  I am so fortunate. 

Yes, boring, hohum, so what.  This is what I do, night after night.  I chuckled about the scene.   

Signing off from California ....

Mike








No comments:

Post a Comment